Welcome to the South London Islamic Centre's official website
Online Donations / Sadaqah / Zakaat
We are collecting Donations, Sadaqah and Zakaat.
* IMPORTANT REMINDER*
Please ensure you fulfil your obligations by paying:
Sadaqat ul Fitr (Fitrana £5.00 per person for each and every person in household)
Zakaat (2.5% if your net wealth or savings is over £270 excluding all personal effects ie house, car, clothing, household goods etc which has been in your possession for a period of one complete year).
If you require any further clarification on either of the above-mentioned categories, please call our Imaam Shaykh Mumtaz on 07985 441 231)
Please continue your support
SLIC would like to thank everyone for their generous support in the past. In these difficult times please kindly continue supporting the House of Allaah by making regular donations. Jazaakumullaahu khairan.
Abu Huraira (RadhiAllaahu `anhu) reported, the Messenger of Allāh (SallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: “Charity does not decrease wealth, no one forgives another except that Allaah increases his honour, and no one humbles himself for the sake of Allaah except that Allaah raises his status.” [Ṣaḥiḥ Muslim]
Simply choose the type and amount and then click Donate.
BY PAYING DIRECT INTO OUR BANK ACCOUNT
Account name: South London Islamic Centre
Bank & Branch: Barclays Bank,136 Streatham High Rd, Streatham, London SW16 1BN
Sort Code: 20-21-78
Account No: 40397547
From 2nd April, the Jumua'h times are changed to:
1ST JUMU'AH KHUTBAH - 1:30PM
(ENTRY WILL START FROM 12:45PM)
2ND JUMU'AH KHUTBAH - 2:30PM
(ENTRY WILL START FROM 1.55PM)
EVERYONE MUST COME PREPARED WITH:
- WUDHU (CURRENTLY NO WUDHU OR TOILET FACILITIES AVAILABLE)
- A FACE MASK WHICH MUST COVER NOSE AND MOUTH AT ALL TIMES WHILE INSIDE THE MASJID
- OWN PRAYER MAT
- A WATERPROOF BAG FOR SHOES
WE REQUEST EVERYONE TO FOLLOW ALL IMPORTANT GOVERNMENT AND OFFICIAL HEALTH GUIDELINES WHICH CAN BE FOUND BELOW UNDER ‘SAFETY MEASURES’.
JAZAAKUMULLAAHU KHAIRAN FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND CO-OPERATION.
We will continue to maintain ALL safety measures. ALL attendees must adhere to the Government and medical guidelines at all times.
PLEASE DO NOT COME IF YOU:
- Have ANY COVID-19 symptoms: high temperature, new, continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- Have returned from overseas within the last 14 days
- Are over the age of 70 or under 12 or have any underlying medical condition/s
- Masjid will open 15 mins before each Jamā‘ah and close 15 minutes after
- Please come prepared as there will be no Wudhu or toilet facilities available at the Masjid
- Everyone MUST: wear a mask covering both the mouth and nose
- Everyone MUST: bring own prayer mat
- Everyone MUST: bring bag for your shoes
- No social gatherings permitted inside or outside the Masjid.
- Follow the ONE-WAY system of entering and leaving the Masjid
- Current Government guidelines for weddings and funerals are 15 and 30 people respectively
- Maintain distancing AT ALL TIMES and be mindful of your safety and safety of others
Please be respectful to the staff / volunteers who are helping you to attend Masjid for prayers and humbly request you follow their instructions at all times.
Please click here to see our DETAILED IMPORTANT GUIDELINES
Our FREE (only Cemetery charges to be paid by family / relatives) and dedicated funeral service is available to assist you at the time your need. Please click here for contacts and essential further information.
For guidelines on assistance with COVID-19 related deaths, please CLICK HERE
Sign up to our email and text mailing list for news on activities, events and other information. Click here to register: http://bit.ly/SLICregister
By the grace of Allah, there has been a Muslim community in Streatham for almost 50 years and this community has gradually grown in number and prosperity over the years. It now contributes at every level to the general vitality of the area and to the local community. Find out more...
SLIC in the Media
19th March 2021 - Streatham mosque opens its doors to support COVID-19 vaccinations in the community
Bringing vaccinations to the local community was a great success with around 230 vaccines being given on the day.
The NHS in south east London teamed up with the South London Islamic Centre to offer COVID-19 vaccinations to community members from all faiths and none in Lambeth, at a new walk-in COVID-19 vaccination clinic held on Saturday 13 March 2021.
The clinic, run by AT Medics GPs working with Lambeth’s Edith Cavell Surgery, was set up to encourage anyone who is eligible to get their jab in a location that is convenient and familiar to many in the community. Volunteers from the Mosque were on hand as marshals to welcome and support people attending for their vaccination and to ensure safe social distancing is in place.
See below a video about this clinic:
Read more on the Lambeth Together website
Where to find us:
South London Islamic Centre
8 Mitcham Lane
Tel: 020 8677 0588
Mob: 07484 199684